Sunday, March 09, 2008

A vision of the future

Who says you can't see the future?

Ok, a complete prophecy may be out of the question, but what about tendencies? Tendencies for the future make their debut in our 20 somethings.

There is a clash in my head. I wake up to see me and my roommates look at our respective hobbies, our relative distractions, to entertain us. It is not hard to fast forward about 20 years and imagine a similar older, crankier version of this. Oh, the horror! How i despised fathers or older men that would wake up to the television. How i hated their worship of their hobbies or their sports! And yet I am 25% of the way there also.... How there sin and inadequencies should be so plain to me! And oh the horrow, how my own sin has somehow been hidden in the floorboards, in the mattresses.

How true it is: "A man's ways seem pure unto his own eyes, but the lord knows the depth of his heart".

How scared I am, and ever more scared I should be that day by day i continually build this frankenstein monster, sin by sin, bits of anger here and there. Lord! Bring they grace and salvation, free me from the chains of death that turn man to beast, to monster, and bring him to uprighteousness. How I long to be a man, no longer a dog. But the price, the price, am I willing to pay the price? To have arms lost, hobbies destroyed, and heaven help us, my fun to be ended.

It must be. What good shall fun be if we are abominations to our churches, abominations to our families? Our souls are precious, and show the full display of our works.

And worry not, anything given up to God will repaid 10 fold if not more, all fun things given, all good times aborted, all gifts given, they will all be repaid a little here on earth, but in abundance in our rest, heaven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home